The International School of Kigali, Rwanda is a child centered community of learners which offers a university preparatory program from Preschool through grade 12. Rooted in intercultural understanding, ISKR encourages critical thinking and promotes curiosity while offering transformative experiences within Rwanda.
The International School of Kigali, Rwanda aspires to be an innovative school that positively encourages individual growth. Our students will achieve their full potential and become lifelong learners ready to make a difference within their respective communities.
Students at ISKR will:
• Have an international perspective that encourages them to celebrate the cultural diversity of our community
• Demonstrate 21st Century skills and competencies characterizing global learners committed to social justice.
• Have a firm foundation and demonstrate proficiency in science, mathematics, and technology.
• Develop proficiency in the English language and at least one other language.
• Be clear communicators, proficient in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
• Demonstrate creativity and critical thinking skills that will enable them to be problem solvers.
• Will develop awareness and respect for the environment, both globally and within Rwanda.
• Involve themselves in a variety of extra-curricular activities including the arts, sports, and community
• Acquire a knowledge of, and respect for, the Rwandan people, their history and culture.
• Be fully prepared to successfully meet their next academic challenge.